Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mars!

For one of my Geology classes, I was asked to pick any topic in geology and give a 10 minute presentation over the topic.  I chose...Geology..... Of......Mars....!!!  (Meant to be read in your best Pigs in Space announcer voice)  

I'm not too far into my research, but I thought I would post a couple neat sites and articles I have found so far.

This is a press release from NASA concerning the possible origin of some rocks the rover Opportunity found at the Endeavor Crater rim.

This is a link to a picture taken by the martian satellite Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter of the Victoria Crater on Mars. It shows sand dunes in the base of the crater!

Short post today, but as I do more research this weekend, I'm sure I will have more to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment